Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ugh.

Ugh. Just ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

That's probably not a word, but for the record, it's still lost it's meaning to me.

I use 'ugh' in every possible situation that annoys me. Tonight is an 'ugh' night.

I'm going to complain in this post. It's going to be heavy in self-pity, so please bear with me, or choose the more logical option and ignore me. :)

Anyway, I'm exhausted. This week has probably been one of the busiest I've had in ages. I honestly can't think of a single moment where I had some "me-time" or even just a reasonable amount of time for a bit of relaxation. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm always babysitting, because my sister-in-law goes to college on those days from 3-9, so those days are basically always booked. It was especially bad this week because my mom and dad are gone, so taking care of the two kids is pretty much left to me, my sister, and my grandma.

(Oh yeah, I probably should have told you that my mom and dad left for Russia for a month and a half trip. They've been gone about 3 weeks.)

I had a ton of stuff to do throughout the week, mostly errands and catching up on 20 different homework assignments. This stuff takes time, and I just couldn't find any at all this week. Monday I was working, Tuesday I was babysitting, yesterday I was running errands for my grandma for several hours (though I did somehow obtain some time to get my camera!) and today I was babysitting again. All week I've just been rushing from one thing to another, knowing that there are more important things I should be doing. I'm one of those people that likes to prioritize, and when I don't get my affairs in order, I tend to get really confused and annoyed.

Next week, however, is spring break. Yay! Today was my last day at school, and I was eagerly waiting for 9 PM when my sister-in-law would pick up the kids, because then my break would officially begin (she's off next week too and they're going to Florida). Turns out, that's not the case. Good ol' sis surprises us with the fact that she's bringing the kids tomorrow morning because she has some errands to run. She didn't even ask. She just went ahead and made her own plans. That basically means I'll have to get up early tomorrow and babysit.

Guys, it's going to seem really pathetic, but this babysitting thing is tough. If we're going to be honest, I'm not the most patient person with kids. My younger niece is almost a year old, so she screams and cries a lot. She has to be given attention 24/7, so I'm usually stuck chasing her so she doesn't hurt herself or something. That makes it impossible to do homework, and impossible to ever consider sleeping or relaxing or studying or anything that requires a reasonable amount of quiet.

And sleeping. I was really looking forward to finally getting a good night's sleep. I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in about a month. It's gotten to the point where anytime I'm on my bed, even if just for a minute, I fall asleep. I know it's unhealthy, but I get no more than 4 hours of sleep a night on average. I used to rely on the weekends to catch up on sleep, but with my stupid job, I'm always up at 5:30 AM because weekend mornings are pretty much the only time I'm ever given work hours.

You're probably thinking in your heads "if she's so tired, why doesn't she just shut up and go to bed?" Good question, fellow bloggers. The answer is simple: I like BEDA. It's weird and hard, but I like this little blogging festivity.

I should really stop with my rants or everyone's going to get annoyed with me.

3 comments:

  1. That seems so unfair of your sister-in-law to just dump her children on you.
    I don't know if I could cope if I was you. I take like eight hundred hours of me time, all the time. Hope things get less crazy when they all go off to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Izzy, your sister-in-law should have asked you before dumping her kids on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a lot going on. Don't you think it's time to just say "Stop!" and take some time for yourself? Just tell people that you really need to take time off because you'll lose your mind otherwise. I'm sure they'll understand?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like cake to me. I can never get enough.