Saturday, April 28, 2012

Things that make me feel really excited and happy.

Sometimes I get this weird feeling. It's like that feeling you get when you're just beginning to go down the biggest hill on a roller coaster, and it becomes such a rush of ecstasy it's almost as if you're flying. I get it when I watch a really good movie, listen to a great song, or finish a life-changing book. It's been happening a lot recently, which feels almost like a miracle after a dreary winter. It's this powerful feeling of an exciting future. It's a satisfaction with life that leads into excitement. I get excited when I remember I have a whole life ahead of me, one full of cities and awesome people and life-changing experiences. I don't know, it's hard to explain. Words are never enough to explain what I feel most of the time. My mind's a never-ending stream-of-consciousness.

Anyway, ignore that weird first paragraph. Here's some stuff that have made me feel awesome recently.


These cities. I'm in love with the fact that I will see them all eventually (2/4 this summer!!!). I'm planning on living in either London or San Francisco when I grow up. Both have vibes I'm craving. You can define a person by the place they want to live. I'm positive these 2 cities fit me, just like NYC fits my close friend moving there. No arguments will convince me otherwise. They fit me for reasons no one would really understand. I still would love to have seen all 4 of these cities.

My favorite book, On the Road (Jack Kerouac). My friends laugh at me a lot about this because I only read it for the first time 3 months ago, but it affected me a lot. I see things differently because of it. There's a movie adaptation coming out in a couple months. If you guys ever have some free time, read the book and maybe see the movie (if it won't be horrible, but I'm betting it will be). :)

Hugo. I don't know why this is on the list, but it is. I saw Hugo in 3D yesterday and I loved it so much. The fact that it was in Paris, and in the early 20th century, and was all about films, and the effects, and just gofgjkgjkg it was so beautiful and heartwarming it left me feeling wonderful for the rest of the night because it reminded me of how important art is in my life.


This song. God, I can't remember the last song that affected me as much as this song has in the past couple of days. I must have listened to it at least 40 times just today, and when I was at work this evening, I was singing it my entire shift. It feels as if he's speaking to me in the chorus, telling me to hang in there and be strong. I don't know, it's just a really comforting song in this confused stage of my life when everything's changing so much.

The movie Midnight in Paris. I relate very much to it, especially with the frustrations of living in a current era. The filming of Paris is stunning, too. PLUS F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway are in it! Paris, historical escapism, and writers?! How could I not like it?

I feel like this list is really superficial. Movies, books, music? When it all comes down to it, they're just material goods marketed for a profit, but I can't look at it that way. To me, they're art. They're life. They're things that show me how wonderful life is, and how great it feels to find that someone else sees things the same way you do. It's frustrating sometimes to not have anyone that quite understands how you view life. This stuff reminds me that there are people like me out there, which is why I'm so excited to get out there and find them.

(This post is kind of embarrassing. I mainly wrote it just because my mind felt it had to. I don't know if anyone relates to it or anything, but it's what preoccupies my thoughts right now. I hope it doesn't make anyone reading it uncomfortable. :( I JUST HAVE A LOT OF EMOTIONS GUYS OKAY?)

3 comments:

  1. I relate to this. I feel like this quite often. And I don't think movies, books and music is superficial at all. I think it's what stirs the soul, what reaches people, and what unites people. Books, movies and music can have a major impact. Which is why so many people love them :)

    Also, I don't think this post is embarrassing at all. :) It's a reminder that there is plenty in life to enjoy :) Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LONDON WANTS YOU TO LIVE IN IT.

    A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugo is awesome. I want to read On the Road too. I've heard that its really good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like cake to me. I can never get enough.