Friday, May 20, 2011

The Magic Ends Here

CAUTION: This post is extremely depressing and long- not intended for the light-hearted.

So I finally got around to watching the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Teaser Trailer (wow, that's a mouthful) in its entirety on Youtube. I suppose I should be excited, but in all honesty I'm having mixed feelings about it. Actually, to be frank, I'm dreading it. I'd rather it keep getting put off into the future, so that the premiere never comes. I was excited about Part 1 because I knew it wasn't the end (plus it came out the night of my birthday), but this is really it. The final chapter. I don't know what I'll do when it's over. Harry Potter was my life (well, not really, but it was huge). When I look back at my childhood, it's one of my favorite things to remember. No matter how much things were changing, I always knew I could count on another Harry Potter book. And when the day finally came that the final book was released and read, I knew I could still count on the movies. Now the movies are ending. I just thought, in honor of the magic Harry Potter has brought to my life, I'd make a little nostalgic list :P

I remember:

-in 3rd grade-running around with my friend on the playground pretending to be Harry Potter and Ron Weasley to celebrate the release of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (I think it was that one?)
-in 5th grade-when we were asked who our role models were, I proudly said "Hermione Granger from Harry Potter". No one laughed. Instead, I got 3 high fives. It was a good day for shy 10 year old me.
-in 6th grade-watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with my class the last day of school and gushing about how "hot" their haircuts were (they were :P- shaggy was "in")
-getting every single book (releases of course!) and locking myself in my room to read them
-falling in love with Fred Weasley from the very first book (dont ask me why, it just happened)
-imagining I was with Harry, Hermione and Ron in Gryffindor and we were absolute best friends (I'm not going to get into all my Hogwarts fantasis-there are too many of them). Oh, and Fred Weasley was my boyfriend.
-dreaming at night about performing spells to get what I wanted
-wishing I lived at the Burrow
-waiting for that day when I would get my Hogwarts acceptance letter (never came-you could have at least tried, Mom!)
-reading the part when Fred died in the last book (to late to warn SPOILER?) and crying my heart out from that page to the very last page, and then hiding the book somewhere and crying more into my pillow (is it sad that he was the closest thing I've ever had real love? -nervous laugh- :P)
-staying up till 2 am that night after reading DH trying to find some reassuring facts online about the disappointing epilogue (you call that an epilogue, Jo?! Really, REALLY?!)
-jumping up and down whenever I saw Harry Potter books in the bookstore, even after I had them all (ha, wait, I still do that actually!)
-trying (unsuccessfully) to force my mom into taking a Florida trip to see the Harry Potter cast on the opening day of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
-dueling with people in the school hallways earlier this year when we had Harry Potter Spirit Day, complete with wands and everything (and being sent to Azkaban by my English teacher for using an Unforgivable-it slipped)

That's only a small part of my list. I wonder how I'll react when the credits start. It won't be pretty. For now, I'm jut stuck between watching the trailer 30 times a day, giggling at old interviews, and watching previews from the past moviews, wishing I could go back to the days when there were still like 4 movies left. Oh, and waiting for that terrible day in July when my childhood finally ends.

Ooh, I've got a great handle on this over-dramatic thing. I should be a depressing poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like cake to me. I can never get enough.