Friday, July 8, 2011

I think I'm growing younger (is that a paradox? growing younger?)

Today I realized something. With each day that I physically get older, I find myself mentally growing younger. On Wednesday night I found myself sobbing, on the verge of hysteria, while watching The Lion King, when Mufasa dies. My sister walked in and saw me blowing my nose and went downstairs complaining about how immature I am because I still watch the Lion King obsessively. I'm proud of it (though my favorite movie is actually Finding Nemo).

I also stayed up till 4 am last night playing Pokemon on my Game Boy (yes, I still have one of those). I was a huge Pokemaniac when I was younger (I had a Charizard t-shirt-I think that alone is proof) but for a while I thought Pokemon was uncool. You know that period in middle school when you try really hard to be cool, because you're afraid if you act like yourself no one will like you? Yeah that was me. Except it took until last year to wear off. Now I'm just an immature nerd that laughs hysterically at pictures like this:


You have to admit though, this is the most brilliant thing to ever have been found on Google Images. Mean Girls and Harry Potter make an absolutely wondrous combination.

It also doesn't help that my family doesn't take me seriously. That's probably because the only things I am capable of cooking are cereal and spaghetti. I'm not even lying; it's actually something I'm slightly embarrassed about. Even my own mother says my sister acts way more mature, and she's 14. I'll say that's only because she can grill a steak to perfection. I am so the outcast of the family.

I mean there's nothing wrong with expressing your inner immature child, right? It just means I laugh at too many things and demand that my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches be cut into perfect diagonal slices. I'm joking about the PB&J. Sort of. Not really.

I hoped you all liked the randomness of this post. I'm a bit brain-dead, having spent this lovely FRIDAY doing CHEMISTRY (oh, I like bold, really emphasizes the anger).


6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of chemistry either, thank god I won't have to do it again now.

    I have to admit, I laughed at the Harry Potter & Means Girl quote/image - quite amazing how those went perfectly together haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally still an immature child. You're never too old for Disney! I had a sudden urge recently to watch the Fox and the Hound, and yes, I got a little teary. Also I suddenly realised that film is DEEP - all about friendship no matter what your race etc - which I kind of missed age 4 :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lion King, I can't cook anything other than toast and no one takes me seriously either so I know how ya feel!

    P.s. is it wrong that I really want to play a Pokemon game? I never got a chance when I was younger lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image is damn funny. Don't worry, you're not the only one. I still get excited when I see Enid Blyton books :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, it's okay. I cry when I watch Disney movies too. Partly because childhood memories sink me into deja vu, but also because it's strangely touching. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vow to never fully grow up. I mean, who wants to be a stuffy old fart that doesn't remember how to laugh, smile, joke, or cry? Not me! I cry at Disney movies, too, and so does my mom.

    This weekend was Harry Potter weekend on the Family Channel and the second I heard Hedwig's Theme, I started crying. Yeah. Couldn't help it. Heck, even my friends cry! Life just isn't any fun without remembering what it's like to be a happy-go-lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like cake to me. I can never get enough.