Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Rise

The last stage of procrastination is writing a blog post.

I'm tired of studying for finals. Just one more. That's it. Then I'm done. Thank God.

Here's a picture of lamp. I don't know why.

Do you ever just watch an adventure movie or read an adventure book and wish your life could be like that? Like, even though the events aren't always good, you just wish you could do something amazing? I'm so bored with everything. I want to explore, find something that no one (or at least almost no one) has seen before. Discover something unusual.

Lately, I've been immersing myself in adventure books and movies. I'm reading The Lord of the Rings. I watch action movies, and I wish my life could be like that. I know it sounds extremely ignorant, but everything is just so monotonous and boring right now that I can't help but imagine something more exciting.

Schedules are difficult. It's hard doing the same thing every day. I want something more than that. I want to explore the world.

So for now, I'm just here. Still at college, days from going home to my boring old town, where I will remain until next month, when I'm carted around on a ship from one tourist trap to another. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be able to explore beyond the little boutiques and bars and find something that might inspire me.


2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaha first sentence: so true.

    I love adventure books. Even books that are slightly more interesting than my life, I yearn for those stories. I just wrote "yearn". It's time for me to leave. I still have so many things to do and I lost my motivation like a month ago. This is what I do: Every night this week and last I wait until 1 am to start studying. And then I never go to bed. The only sleep I get is naps. WHAT IS THAT. I don't even have to do that! But I literally procrastinate so bad that this happens. And I don't do anyting all day either! Literally, I don't know what I even fill with that time.

    Well… I guess I kind of read two books. That fulfill your adventure category kinda. Life of Pi was okay. It was really good, but it was a bit too metaphorical/meaningful for my brain at the moment. BUT I'M READING THIS REALLY GOOD BOOK called The Night Circus. It is sooo good. You should read it. It's about magic. In the 1800s. In England. So it's great. Wow. I think I just wrote the equivalent of a blog post in your comment section…..sorry about that :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like cake to me. I can never get enough.