Saturday, October 13, 2012

Infinite

It's Saturday 11:49 PM and I am lying in bed. It is post-Perks. I am suffering from post-Perks.

I saw the movie, guys. After a year of waiting, I saw it tonight and it was the most wonderful and heartbreaking thing I have ever seen. It was beautiful. I didn't think the movie would compare to the book. I never think that movie adaptations compare to the book. But this one might have been better. I don't know. Maybe.

What amazed me is that it was directed and written by Stephen Chbosky. He had entire creative control over the movie. That is amazing. I firmly believe that that is why the movie was so fantastic. Every single important part was covered in such a wonderful way that I learned even more about the story. It's almost like it was a completely new story, yet the plot was followed.

This was one of my favorite scenes. I bet you can guess what it was.
I was so impressed with the acting too. The actors did a great job. Emma Watson especially. I completely forgot everything I knew about her acting history when I was watching her on screen. She did a great job with her American accent too. She really distinguished herself.

And Logan Lerman is just the most perfect human in the world. He was so marvelous I almost fell in love with him.

The movie was so emotional. So. Much. Crying. I was surrounded by sniffling people wiping their eyes every 5 seconds (not that I wasn't crying). And then at the end, everyone clapped. They actually applauded the film. I had never been more proud of humanity.

It's wonderful, guys. Whether you've read the book or not, please go see it. It's heartbreaking and life-changing.

3 comments:

  1. I honestly can't wait to see the film, because Australia sucks it only comes out here at the end of November! aksjhdfshjsd gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO JEALOUS. I'm not seeing it for another week. I'm going crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see this! I loved the book and everyone is saying how amazing the film is! EEEeee.. I CANT WAIT! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like cake to me. I can never get enough.