Thursday, August 25, 2011

You're wrong, Pottermore. YOU'RE WRONG!

I finally got my Pottermore welcome email! It's so awesome! I don't know how many of you have actually accessed Pottermore yet (if you have, or are yet to, please give me your username so I can add you to my Friends list!), but I know that when you get a chance to you'll love it!

So far I have:
-found out Professor McGonagall's background
-found out Ollivander's wandmaking process
-made my own wand! 12 1/2 inches, vine wood, dragon core, unyielding.
-so much more that I can't possibly list!

The reason for this post however, is to rant. You see, I took the famous House Sorting quiz that everyone has been gossiping about. It's an interesting quiz, so I won't spoil the experience for any of you. I'm angry at my result however. I finish the quiz to find out I am a...

What. The. Hell.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be arrogant, but I always imagined myself a Ravenclaw. I pride myself on what intelligence I have, I love education, and I just always seemed to connect to the Ravenclaws. I was counting on being a Ravenclaw, so naturally I am very disappointed. Even if I was in Gryffindor or Slytherin, I would be quite satisfied.

Now I suffer from personal identity crisis. This means that I am not intelligent, brave, or cunning (in wizarding terms, of course). If I was really in the Wizarding World, the Sorting Hat would place me into Hufflepuff, in which I would suffer from disappointment at my House's terrible Quidditch performance, terrorizing at the behalf of Slytherin, scornful looks from Ravenclaw, and pity at the behalf of Gryffindor.

I have hope, however. Tonks and Cedric Diggory were great wizards, strong and intelligent. JK Rowling even considers herself a Hufflepuff. But I can't help but wonder, maybe if I answered one of the questions differently...

Great. My Pottermore homepage now proudly displays a badger. Very frightening.

15 comments:

  1. I HAVEN'T GOT INTO POTTERMORE YET D:
    You are so lucky!
    My pottermore name is willowavis169, so you can add me.
    I know how you feel-I think I'm a Ravenclaw as well, and I would be shocked if I was actually a Hufflepuff.
    But think about it-you're loyal, friendly, and fair. And Ravenclaw has the most people in it, so it's not "special" any more.
    You have an awesome blog-I'm a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! Hufflepuff is always seen as the "laughable" House that no one wants to be in. I haven't gotten in to Pottermore yet :(

    I can't wait to find out stuff plus take the Sorting Hat quiz etc. I've already taken one before and I'm in Gryffindor. With my luck, I probably won't be in that House in Pottermore =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww..
    Even I agree with Hazel that Hufflepuff is always seen as the House that no one wants to be in, but I think it won't seem that bad once you're in.
    I wonder where I'll be placed (fingers crossed for Slytherin! :p). I missed my chance to get in Pottermore early. Now waiting eagerly for October when it'll be open to everybody.

    And we'll surely be friends on it then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed my chance to get into Pottermore early too. I can't wait to get in though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha interesting, there was a talking hat at chapters when the last harry potter book was released a few years ago, I went under it and it said ravenclaw, I'm not sure how accurate that was though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must suck. I haven't taken the house sorting quiz but I also envision myself as a Ravenclaw-er. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha. "What. The. Hell."

    I got a Pottermore but I don't understand how any of it works. I'm bad at these types of things. I'd probably get Hufflepuff too. Or even Slytherin. I don't know.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, there is a bright side: Hufflepuff is the house of those that are loyal, just, true, and unafraid. Plus, Cedric was a Triwizard champion! :)

    Oh, and you have an award waiting for you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha...you know what you forgot to do right? You didn't whisper 'not hufflepuff...not hufflepuff' to the hat. That explains it all...
    But anyway...hufflepuff is not bad. Don't be so sad about it. You've got a great wand though...dragon core and all :D
    I'm definitely going to join and yeah..I'll let you know my username :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't be ashamed to be a badger - I mean, the same house as J.K.Rowling isn't something to scoff at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, J.K. Rowling said she loved Hufflepuff house, but that she was a Gryffindor.

      Delete
    2. Actually, J.K. Rowling said she loved Hufflepuff house, but that she was a Gryffindor.

      Delete
  11. I feel so bad now! I had no idea you got sorted into Hufflepuff because I didn't read this yet!

    BUT ANYWAY.

    Okay. No. Pottermore is dumb. My friend had the same thing happen to her. It's because it's not actually grading your quiz, it just sorts you to fill the numbers, so I believe you that you aren't a Hufflepuff. I don't think it's taking any answers into account. So it's, okay. You aren't a real Hufflepuff. And Hufflepuff isn't that bad anyway. They were just made to look bad as a joke I think. I'll spare you my conspiracy again lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should be proud to be in any of the Hogwarts Houses. If you are not proud to go into it, then make the house be proud to have you. If you work hard and be positive on being a Hufflepuff, then this house has a great student. If you think being a Hufflepuff is stupid, then you are just teasing yourself. Don't care about what other people said about your house, even the Triwizard Tourment Champion is from your house, the Cup never makes mistakes (perhaps one on Harry Potter as under the fourth school). You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just because you are not in Ravenclaw dosen't mean you are not smart. Look at Cedric Diggory and Nimphadora Tonks, both amazing wizards and witches, and they were both pretty smart, you've got to be smart to be in the Triwizard Tournament, or to be an auror. I think you should trust where you were put and not only find peace with it, but be happy to be in Hufflepuff.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like cake to me. I can never get enough.